Welcoming a child into this world should be one of the happiest experiences of your life. Unfortunately, some parents faced with the realization that their child has suffered a birth injury because of the negligence of a doctor or medical professional. These birth injuries can range from mild to severe, and may have unfortunate consequences, including life altering medical conditions and even death.
If your child has suffered a birth injury, it is important to discuss your case with an attorney. Our Nashville birth injury attorneys understand how difficult it can be to see your child suffer, and work diligently to offer the advice you need to understand your case, the compensation you may be entitled to and the options you have for pursuing justice.
We are confident in helping you pursue compensation for a wide range of birth injuries, including:
- Bruising and forceps marks
- Subconjunctival Hemorrhage
- Caput Succedaneum
- Facial Paralysis
- Brachial Palsy Injuries
- Fractured Bones
- Brain Injury
On your behalf, we will carefully investigate the actions of medical professionals during and prior to the birthing process. Our investigation will be focused on uncovering evidence of common causes of birth injuries, including medical malpractice on behalf of attending physicians, nurses and OBGYNs. Common medical errors include:
- Failing to anticipate birth complications
- Failure to respond appropriately to bleeding
- Failing to observe or respond to umbilical cord entrapment
- Failure to respond to fetal distress including irregularities in the fetal heartbeat
- Delay in ordering cesarean section (c-section) when medically necessary
- Misuse of forceps or a vacuum extractor during delivery
- Inappropriate administration of Pitocin, a synthesized hormone used to induce or augment labor
Any evidence demonstrating negligence will then be used as leverage during settlement negotiations or to pursue a judgment in your favor during court trial. By exploring every possible legal avenue, we work to help you recover compensation for any medical bills, continued care and pain and suffering resulting from the medical professional’s negligence.
Contact us online or call 615-200-1111 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your child’s condition and learn how we can help you pursue justice for their injuries.